The publishing exec is over for the weekend.Â The Princess is beside herself with glee. We have all snaffled a range of exciting books. It’s just marvellous. Let me tell you about the wonderful weekend she’s been having.
By the time the pub exec arrived at the station to greet her welcoming party on Friday, I was in a somewhat frazzled state for the following reasons:
1. My glasses had broken so every time I looked around to see what the Princess was doing, they went flying across the car.
2. Hop Hop has sealed his reputation for unreliability. He came unstuck at the creche.Â He is filled with tiny marble like things and one of the other children had got some stuck up her
nose and given herself a nose bleed. In the back of the car, the Princess painstakingly unpicked the network of clips holding Hop Hop together and proceeded to eat them. Then she started on the marbles.Â I stopped the car and took him, the marbles and the clips from her. Much wailing.
3. To deal with the Hop Hop problem, I gave her the Father’s Day present she had created to mind. She unwrapped it and
threw the mug around the car.
4. The station car park is really complicated.
5. I ran into a work contact at the station who insisted on chatting about work while the Princess clapped my hands together and ran round the station.
So then, when we got home the electricity had gone so we sent Mr. Waffle out for chips for dinner and spent the evening doing a jigsaw of the London underground by candlelight. I
think I may have mentioned before that I see these weekends in Brussels as a kind of calming retreat for the publishing exec.; when in London she and her film producer and ad exec housemates go to parties featuring famous people, it must make a nice change for her to do jigsaws. The rest of the weekend she spent entertaining the Princess, doing some mild shopping and cooking and cleaning for us. Her days began promptly at 7.30 with the Princess banging on her bedroom door looking for a story. She’s just gone off with her brother to get a video for this evening. You can really see why she loves her visits to Brussels. Ahem.
Meanwhile up to date illness report. The one mosquito in Belgium this Summer (it’s a bit chilly) has lodged in the Princess’s room and taken great chunks out of her little hands
which, in reaction, have swollen up like the Michelin man’s.Â Oh
on 13 June 2005 at 17:01
Comment Modified) I have nothing other than that a famous glam cookery writer is very glam in the flesh but wears a lot of make up…hardly earth shattering.
on 13 June 2005 at 17:23
Is it the childrens cookery writer? She also wears cakeloads of the stuff and her hair is made of wire wool.
*Minks then discovers that children’s cookery writer is best friend of Belg and blushes furiously*
on 14 June 2005 at 21:17
No, no, even more famous than children’s cookery writer…though is mother of a number of sprogs.
on 15 June 2005 at 19:23
Ooooh oh oh oh. Yes, really? Does she smell?
on 15 June 2005 at 21:51
Well, not that was mentioned.