This day three years ago, Mr. Waffle and I got married. Only fancy. It was the only fine day that summer. To celebrate, I thought I might list 10 of the reasons why my husband is perfect:
1. Because he is amusing and entertaining and, better again, he thinks I am amusing and entertaining.
2. Because he’s a genius and knows everything.
3. Because he is always on my side.
4. Because he has never once reproached me for my complete inability to get a job.
5. Because he never says – what do you do all day?
6. Because he is pleased when I spend his money on shoes.
7. Because he gets up at 7.00 with the Princess every Saturday and Sunday and during the week comes home from work and gives her her dinner.
8. Because he plans everything. And insists on getting faxed confirmation of all our bookings.
9. Because when he is annoyed, he grinds his teeth (that’s it, that’s the most annoyed he can do).
10.Because he, very sensibly, chose to marry me (see also point 2 above).
on 28 July 2004 at 13:52
What a fabulous husband. I’m directing Jimi over. congratulations on your anniversary
on 28 July 2004 at 15:42
And let’s not forget, of course, that he has a splendid name. Happy anniversary.
on 29 July 2004 at 01:06
Gosh, he sounds wonderful. Best wishes, you two.
on 29 July 2004 at 09:22
Thank you all very much. He is perfect though having to guage your husband’s mood by watching his chin can be tricky..
on 29 July 2004 at 13:31
This Mr Waffle – he sounds a decent chap. Which always helps. Hearty congratulations on your three years. Did you get each other presents? Or did you just buy more shoes?