Michael walked across the room today. Daniel cannot do this and he is bitter.
The Princess remembered where she had left her doggy. She also reminded us that my brother is coming to visit next week; we have a lot on our minds, some things leak out.
I answered an internet questionnaire thingy for Peggy. I don’t normally do these things because I’m too lazy, but there you go. I sit here with my little fingers frozen to the keyboard to oblige (did I mention that we have no hot water and no heating tonight?)
1. Attrapez le livre le plus proche, allez à la page 18 et écrivez la 4ème ligne. corpses: most lie within what has become popularly known as
2. Sans vérifier, quelle heure est-il ? 23.49
3. Vérifiez :23.51
4. Que portez-vous ?
Electric blue Christmas present fleece over work clothes – not a great look.
5. Avant de répondre à ce questionnaire, que regardiez-vous ?
Flickr – trying to work out the mysteries of photo posting. I may be making progress.
6. Quel bruit entendez-vous à part celui de l’ordinateur ?
Nothing – all is silence though I expect to hear a little cry shortly.
7. Quand êtes-vous sortie la dernière fois, qu’avez-vous fait ?
I went out to the night shop to buy milk for the boys. They have consumed in excess of 3 litres since yesterday. Sigh
8. Avez-vous rêvé cette nuit ?
No. I slept from 11.00 to 6.00 and only got out of bed at 8.15. Fabulous.
9. Quand avez-vous ri la dernière fois ?Not since my loving spouse went to bed at 10.00 telling me not to stay playing with the computer all night. Can it really be nearly midnight?10. Qu’y a-t-il sur les murs de la pièce où vous êtes ?
A picture of men with currachs. A picture of yachts in Cork harbour framed by John Gilbert of Patrick Street, Cork: Print Seller, Frame Maker, Leather and Fancy Goods; Optician to the Eye Hospital and to the Faculty. A man of positively Victorian talents. A port of Cork calendar. A couple of Giles Norman prints of, um, boats. I am somewhat surprised by the nautical theme here. And a picture of her highness taken just before she finished at the creche. I remember Heather writing once about those houses which have acres of family pictures everywhere you look and I cringed in recognition but what can I say, I have three children and everyone conspires to photo them and charge me for it. And then, of course, there are my own sins of photography. There is also a list of school holidays, creche holidays and work holidays. Behind me are two of Bobble‘s beautiful photos which Mr. Waffle got me as an inspired present and a stained glass picture we got as a wedding present. I would go on, but I think we’re all getting tired of this exercise.
11. Si vous deveniez multimillionnaire dans la nuit, quelle est la première chose que vous achèteriez ?
A house in Dublin sufficient for our needs. Three story over basement in the centre with a large garden. Oh rats, only a multimillionaire? I was hoping for billionaire status.
12. Quel est le dernier film que vous ayez vu ?
Angela’s Ashes. Why?
13. Avez-vous vu quelque chose d’étrange aujourd’hui ?
14. Que pensez-vous de ce questionnaire ?
It’s long – Peggy, why did you make me do it? I should be in bed.
15. Dites-nous quelque chose de vous que ne savons pas encore.
You know everything about me. No, wait, let me think. Actually, yes, you do.
16. Quel serait le prénom de votre enfant si c’était une fille ?
Well, Cecelia, if Mr. Waffle didn’t hate it so much that he would have to spit every time he said it.
17. Quel serait le prénom de votre enfant si c’était un garçon ?
Well, I’m thinking maybe Michael, maybe Daniel. Is everyone else on the internet too young to have children?
19. Que voudriez-vous que Dieu vous dise lorsque vous franchirez les portes du paradis ?
Wishy washiness rewarded, or, perhaps, more traditionally, blessed are the peacemakers.
20. Si vous pouviez changer quelque chose dans le monde en dehors de la culpabilité et la politique, que changeriez-vous ?
I’m not sure I understand culpabilite but if it means, no world peace type choices then, as a former Miss World candidate, I’m baffled. Did I tell you that a friend of mine’s uncle married a former Miss World. It’s been a curse to her; she has very beautiful cousins.
21. Aimez-vous danser ?
Yes, I’m just not very good at it.
22. Georges Bush ?
Do I like him or his policies? I think he is probably a pleasant dinner companion and, if he were a friend of your parents, you’d probably think that he and Laura were lovely people. I bet they’d look at all the photos of your children too. As for policies, well, I don’t even think that George likes those much any more.
23. Quelle est la dernière chose que vous ayez regardée à la télévision ?
Holby City. Oh dear.
24. Quelles sont les 4 personnes qui doivent prendre le relais sur leur blog ?
Nobody will have to suffer. Thank you and good night.
did I really say that? How rude of me.
Thanks. Great fun reading. I also thought it was long when I did it…
Anecdote about Cecelia. When my mother was pregant with my baby brother, she thought about naming the baby Cecile if it were a girl. I told her I would never speak to her again if she did that. Too many S in that name, too snakelike…
I’m giggling like a giggly thing trying to picture such a small kid as Daniel looking bitter at the fact his brother can walk across a room. Oh you do make me laugh, waffle …