After a prolonged stint in Mr. Waffle’s parents’ house over the summer, we finally moved into our own house in the second week in September.
I think it would be fair to say that it is not the house of our dreams. We are warming to it though. It’s handy and it’s ours (co-owned with the bank, obviously).
My top ten list of things that we really need to do:
1. Sand and polish the floorboards in the one room downstairs. The filthy bare boards which were inserted to cover up the hole in the floor created by our useless electrician are really getting me down.
2. Carpet hall stairs and landing. More filthy bare boards. Also some filthy blue carpet with flowers.
3. Fill and paint over all the remaining holes left by the electrician.
4. Put some more of the junk in the back garden in a skip. Cut back some of the more threatening foliage (the other day I found, not one but two old bicycles nestling hidden under random undergrowth at the side of the house).
5. Blinds for downstairs (in train).
6. Tiles for the kitchen – walls and floor.
7. Something to stop the water dripping into the kitchen roof.
8. Insulation for the attic.
9. Somehow to create smooth walls and get rid of the uniquely unpleasant woodchip wall paper.
10. Do something, as yet unclear what, about the floorboards in the upstairs bedrooms.
This is but the tip of the iceberg. I have not even mentioned the bathroom – best for everyone.
Finally, November is over. Mr. Waffle has declared next month is to be NoMoBlo.
I really hope that I pick up one of these prizes, not that I am threatening you, Mrs. Kennedy. Well, not if it would jeopardise my chance of an etsy voucher.